VAT REFUND SERVICES
Our affiliated private consulting house UnityFour, recently became member of the international Cash Back network which is the global leader in the provision of services relating to the VAT refund within European Union and third countries that proceeded with the signing of reciprocity agreements with EU members’ state.
UnityFour through the cooperation with more than thirty offices of United Cash Back network in European Union, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Switzerland, Norway and Great Britain etc can provide to companies locating in Greece a comprehensive list of VAT services.
Expenses eligible for claiming VAT
If you conduct business overseas such as attending international sales conferences or exhibitions, training courses, you can claim VAT back on many of the expenses you’ll incur during the trip although the same type of expenses in Greece, according to the Greek adoption of VAT law, cannot be set off domestically and being treated as cost. The expenses that are eligible for claiming VAT refund generally include:
• Conferences, trade shows and exhibitions
• Hotels and accommodation
• Restaurants and entertainment
• Car rental
• Marketing costs
• Training courses or seminars
• Public transport (including buses, trains and taxis)
However, the list of services, the rates and regulations and the required documentation vary from country to country and frequently change. VAT applications must be submitted to the tax authorities in the countries where the expenses are incurred and within specific deadlines. Listing the invoices and meeting authorities’ application requirements is a time-consuming and complex task aggravated by language differences.
VAT Reclaim Services – Our VAT specialists can assist you with all or any one of the following services:
• Analysis of your VAT refund possibilities
• Evaluation of your existing VAT reclaims procedures to spot additional VAT refund possibilities which may still exist
• Retrieval of all relevant invoices from your accounting record carried out by our trained staff. Alternatively, we can provide in-house training and process recommendations for efficient gathering of your refundable invoices
• Formal corrections of foreign invoices by contacting suppliers in order to amend wrong of missing details, such as the company name
• Submission of the formal VAT refund application and handling all enquiries from the foreign tax authorities
• Contacting suppliers to obtain a credit where VAT has been incorrectly charged and paid and which will not be refunded by the authorities
• Online tracking system in order to monitor the status of you claims.
Other possible services include local VAT registration and compliance as well as technical VAT advice provided by our network of international VAT specialists and co-operating partners.
For more information please visit: